I am not here to directly refute evolution but rather,
1) to explain why those who believe in the resurrection of Christ should favor Creation.
2) to list at least 5 reasons some people prefer to believe evolution over Creation.
In cetain places in the New Testament, like the Gospel of John, Chapter 5, Jesus said that the writings of Moses
(Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus. Numbers and Deuteronomy) are correct and believable.
Also, Jesus spoke of Father Abraham in Luke 16. We know of Abraham through the writings of Moses.
Jesus is one part of the Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Jesus proved his God-ness during his Death and Resurrection.
Matthew, the Apostle, said of the moment He died on the Cross:
(Matthew 27:50) “And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. 51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and[e] went into the holy city and appeared to many people.”
So, Since Jesus rose from the dead, proving His Deity, and He said that Moses’s writings (which include the account of Creation) are correct, I rest in confidence that I will neither be surprised, nor ashamed when this body of mine expires and the angels guide me to the next place and I know more truth.
Five reasons that some people prefer evolution over Creation:
1) They grew up in an atheistic home, where evolution is the prop to explain the most obvious of questions; "Where do we come from?"
2) They don’t want to believe that there is a being that has any power over them.
Some people really want to believe they are the smartest beings in the universe. Not a chance.
3) They have seen much suffering and can’t believe that a loving God can allow suffering.
4) They went clear through school being taught evolution, and don’t want to believe that they are so gullible that they could believe evolution,
if it were a complete fabrication.
And they don't want to believe they were misled, either by misinformed teachers or by teachers that hate a superior Being that actually exists.
5) Their incomes, occupations or status depend on their adherence to the theory of evolution.
I wish evolutionists were brave enough to say. "I subscribe to evolution because I hate the concept that there might be a Higher-Being that has any control over my life, and I want to believe that when I die, I cease to exist. I don't want to have to answer to someone else for my actions on an eternal level."
The internet is full of sites that present the case for Creation. On my website, the page ‘Melanin’, in the ‘Minority’ section, connects all people through Noah and explains the reasons for different skin colors. Try it.